Saturday, April 22, 2006

Hello Friends!

Well... I'm posting again! Right now I am currently sitting in my hotel room in Long Island, New York. How did I end up here?? Well about mid month I applied for a surveying pilot job that is based out of Regina, SK. I went out for the interview on the 24th, went back home on the 25th, then got a phone call to start work on the 26th. So Thursday we loaded up the plane and took off for New York. We flew Regina-Thunderbay-St. Hubert (montreal)-Burlington (virginia) - Brookhaven (NY).

The job is pretty cool, I'm being trained on the job in a navajo doing topographical surveying. The surveying is done by a laser that is emitted from the plane to scan the surface elevation figures below. There is a lot of technical equipment aboard that the engineer is working with as we fly our surveying missions. There is a small screen that shows us where we have to fly the airplane along the surveying route. The plane has to stay on track +- 100m and cant bank more than 10 degrees. Definitly going to build the leg muscles up using the rudder pedals when we have to do turns back with minimal radius and very little bank.

So anyways, I'm going to help do the topographical surveying for most of Long Island and I think the job will take around 2 to 3 weeks. When the job is finished, I'll be living back home in Lynden until I get called out for another job. I'll probably have a thick NY accent when i get back, so just a warning. Anyways, I'm pretty happy about this job and I think it will be a great experience. I'll post pictures once i get a digi camera! Hope everybody is doing well and keep in touch over email and msn!

TK

TK

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kiki said...

Can you also come home with baggy pants and bling- cuz i think thats all they wear in new york- right??
congrats!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger TK said...

Kiki, honestly...YES! Chin strap beards, Yankee hats worn crooked with a flat brill, or overely gelled spikey hair is also common.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

TK...job sounds rad...
but guess who's back in Canada???

MEEEEEEEE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home